The lightning speed of technological evolution makes it important for businesses to hire employees that are well-versed with the latest technology trends. In this write-up, we will shed light on IT recruitment trends to watch out in 2019. Read this post to know more.
IT recruitment trends are evolving by leaps and bounds. The advent of advanced technologies combined with digital disruption has been accelerating the pace of transformation in the IT arena. With the continuous advancement in the IT sphere, the demand for IT professionals with exceptional technological capabilities is also on the rise. In this post, we will highlight the top IT hiring trends of 2019 that will shape the technical recruitment landscape in the times to come. However, do keep in mind that since the IT recruitment landscape is evolving every second day, these hiring trends/ predictions are also likely to change.
Finding and recruiting the best IT candidates poses a major challenge for businesses of all sizes. Despite this, businesses are adopting innovative ways to fill skill gaps to get hold of the best IT talents available in the job market.
Now let’s take a look at the top hiring trends in 2019 that will impact IT hiring this year—
- Management Abilities: Companies nowadays prefer hiring IT experts having managerial skills. Other than having programming skills, IT professionals should be capable of communicating technical information and product insights with clients.
- Soft-Skills will Get Preference: Currently, there is a growing focus on soft skills in the tech world as these skills are essential for the successful implementation of IT projects. Therefore, while hiring techies, IT recruiters give more preference to candidates having a strong combination of technical skills as well as soft skills such as teamwork, adaptability, problem-solving, time-management, conflict-resolution, and leadership skills.
- Enhancing Transparency in Interview Process: Forward-thinking companies are now embracing platforms that offer more visibility to job seekers, besides offering real-time status of job applications.
- Expertise in Data Analytics: Since the Big Data plays a crucial role in unearthing hidden insights, it will continue to be the most significant trend for businesses. Consequently, certified IT professionals having strong data analytics skills will get more preference in the job market.
- The IT Industry will Continue Facing Talent Shortage: Considering the current IT recruitment scenario, we can infer that the IT sector will undergo a talent shortage as the demand for technical talents will continue to outdo supply in the times to come.
- Businesses will Count on Remote IT Services: IT skills shortage will drive more businesses to count on offshore companies offering remote IT services. With more and more organizations looking to adopt advanced technologies such as the Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Blockchain technology, programmers specialized in advanced technologies will be in high demand; consequently, the trend in offshore software development will also gain grounds.
Many offshore companies are helping enterprises and start-ups to build an extended IT team consisting of UX/UI developers, dot NET developers, web designers, etc. at a reasonable price. These offshore companies consist of highly experienced IT experts that offer remote IT services to businesses across the globe. What’s more, remote IT services are a boon to companies that lack technically-skilled resources owing to high operating expenses, and therefore prefer hiring project-based professionals.
So these are a few recruitment trends that will rule the highly-competitive IT industry this year. Since the current recruitment scenario is quite demanding, we hope the latest IT recruitment trends mentioned in this post will help you make your job easier.